Dementia is an umbrella term for a variety of brain disorders. Symptoms include loss of memory, judgment and reasoning, and changes in mood and behaviour.
Many seniors face the troubles of memory loss and can still live comfortably in their own home. Global – Senior Care provides the extra support needed for seniors to also live safely and give peace of mind to family members. Our caregivers have vast experience and are trained in providing in-home care for those with Alzheimer’s and dementia. In the early stages of dementia, people may only need wake-up or tuck-in services. As the disease progresses, we will work with you to expand care to meet your loved one’s need and budget. Our dementia care services include, but is not limited to:
- Companion services: Help with supervision, recreational activities or visiting
- Medication management: medication reminders and assistance with administering medications
- Personal care services: Help with bathing, dressing, toileting, eating, exercising or other personal care.
- Homemaker services: Help with housekeeping, shopping or meal preparation.
- Transportation services: Transport to medical and personal appointments
- Monitoring care: Adapting the level of care as the disease progresses